Welcome to Phases of the Moonblossom! I'm an artist, painter, and sign maker.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Painting Eric Clapton's Fool Guitar - Phase Thirteen

Sorry I took so long to post these last photos of my Fool guitar painting project!  No excuses for a lazy blogger.

















Bruce Diamond had commissioned me to paint a copy (front only) of this famous psychedelic-1960's-Clapton-Cream-dream guitar.

















When I finished the complex painting in my studio (see previous posts) and applied one protective coating on the guitar, Bruce took it home and spray coated the final clear finishes.













He brought it back with the pickups, hardware, and strings installed so I could take pictures.
 












Looks awesome, I must say!  (I rock.)






















This not-for-the-faint-of-heart task was an enjoyable journey for me through art and music history.

















Now Bruce's son Luke gets to play the Fool.

Luke Diamond plays The Fool

1 comment: