Welcome to Phases of the Moonblossom! I'm an artist, painter, and sign maker.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Faux Antique Portrait Signs

I really enjoy making old fashioned signs.
These are some I've made in the past.
I love to incorporate portraits into my faux antique signs.
Since Rochester, New York's history is so rich with
interesting people, I'd love to do a series of Rochester
icons and hang them in public buildings around town. 
Both Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass
lived and died in Rochester, NY.
 
Frederick Douglass was a member of the
New York Anti-Slavery Society and the
Massachusetts Anti-Slavery Society.
I made this sign when I lived in Massachusetts.
I have some ideas for my next vintage style signs.....
I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Beth:

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    My button maker came from Dr. Don's Buttons, Badges and Magnets.
    http://www.buttonsonline.com/

    I have this model:
    http://www.buttonsonline.com/machines.html

    It's a serious little hand-operated machine. Probably more than most people would need, but I am in charge of buttons for my husband's indie record store and we go through a lot of buttons.

    ReplyDelete